cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G12 screen problem

abmunro
Apprentice

P1080916.JPGHello

This is my 1st post and Im asking for advice.

Look at my screen image, is screen useless or have I changed some settings inadvertently

Thanks

Tony

7 REPLIES 7

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Abmunro,

Thank you for your post.

Does the display look the same when you press the MENU button?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello 

Yes screen is same when switched to menu.

See photo.

Thanks for response.P1080917.JPG

Have you tried the LCD brightness adjustment to lower level?

Try it for menu-tool tab-LCD brightness and adjust glare.

Hi Abmunro,

Thanks for your reply.

Please try resetting your camera to its default settings. Click here for details. If your camera's screen clears and your camera takes clear images, you're ready to keep shooting.

If the screen is obscured and/ or the images resemble your camera's display, because the service life for this camera has expired, Canon no longer offers the parts or service required to resolve this issue. I regret the difficulty this causes.

You may wish to participate in the Canon Upgrade Program. This program allows you to replace your current camera with a new Canon camera for a discounted fee, and have it shipped via Ground delivery. Refurbished cameras may also be available. The replacement camera offered through this program includes a one-year limited warranty. The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8:00 AM to Midnight, Eastern time. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered. Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Im afraid this didnt fix problem and neither did replacing the screen.

Tony

Try fixing the problem sincerely instead of attempting to sell a new camera. You put me OFF buying Canon again, EVER.

@Fertographer wrote:
Try fixing the problem sincerely instead of attempting to sell a new camera. You put me OFF buying Canon again, EVER.

Why fix it when you could buy a used camera of the same model for $50 to $150?  Think!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements