cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 320EX Flash and SX50 Camera

ruko
Enthusiast

The 320EX flash is apparently compatible with the SX50 camera. The 320EX also can be used as a slave flash according to the manual. Will it function as a slave flash using the SX50 camera? If so how does one accomplish this? Also I'm confused as to how the 320EX is triggered when being used as a slave flash?

6 REPLIES 6

Mykolas
Authority

Ruko,

The Powershot SX50 HS can trigger the Speedlite 320EX as a slave flash, but only if the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 is attached to the camera.  It sends an optical signal to trigger the slave flash.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. When I look at pictures of the ST-E2 devise I see it has a channel 1 to 4 adjustment. Are these radio channels or IR frequencies?

Thanks

@inactive010823 wrote:

Ruko,

The Powershot SX50 HS can trigger the Speedlite 320EX as a slave flash, but only if the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 is attached to the camera.  It sends an optical signal to trigger the slave flash.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

@inactive010823 wrote:

Ruko,

Thank you. When I examine a photo of the ST-E2 I see an adjustment for channels 1 to 4. If this is not a radio application what are these channels?

Thanks

ru

Ruko,

The signal emitted from the ST-E2 is infrared, not radio.  I hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

One more question please. What are the channels 1 to 4? Are they different IR frequencies?

Thanks

ruko

Ruko,

We do not have the exact specifications for how the channels are set apart from each other, but they are available so you can set multiple groups of flashes on different channels so they are not all fired together.  It helps when you are shooting where there are other photographers with similar flash setups because you can set your flashes to a different channel to keep from causing any interference between your flashes and theirs.

Thanks for your help.

Announcements