cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 280 Wi-Fi Transfer

Mopar_Mudder
Apprentice

I was assuming that their would be an easy way to connect the camera to my Wi-Fi and then transfer everything on the camera to a specified folder on the computer with out tuching the computer. I see that it can connect to the computer wireless but you still have to go on the computer to transfer the images, which if I have to do that I might as well plug the cable in and forget the Wi-Fi.

Sounds like you can do it using the Canon web service. But uploading all of my photos and video over the internet to the Canon server and then downloading them all back to my computer make no sence at all when the computer is here and on the same network, seems really backward to me.

Is their any app or work around to do what I want or am I still stuck getting on the computer?

5 REPLIES 5

btcarstar
Apprentice

I thought the same thing until I discovered Canon Web Services.  I found out there are multiple web services available including "Send via Server" which makes it possible to send photos directly to your PC over the internet.  Once the camera is setup using the CameraWindow app that comes on the CD, once you are connected to WI-Fi, you can automatically send photos directly to your PC without being there.  As I understand it, if the PC is turned off, photos will be temporarily stored on your Canon cloud site.  I found this information in the WI-Fi section of the user guide.

Hope this helps.

That is not what I want. I want to send pictures direct to my computer using my Wi-fi. When I am in the same building as the computer and on the same network I see no reason to send all that data over the internet only to have to download it again.

No need to download again.  I send my photos using the WI-Fi access point in my building... the when I return to my office, the photos are automatically in the Pictures folder on my local PC.

My only complaint is I can't figure out how to send them to a specified folder name.  They all end up in a folder called Transferred with sub folders named by date.

I don't want to send them out over the internet at all. Sending gigs of video out and back over a 1.5mb internet conection would take hours.

I'm having the same question as Mopar_Mudder. I have a Canon IXUS 255 HS camera with Wi-Fi functionality and want to transfer photos from the camera to my computer via my local Wi-Fi without sending them via Internet (ie any Canon web service). This must be possible, right?

Announcements