cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Canon Image Gateway

xavier714
Contributor

I set up the wifi on my camera and created an account with Canon Image Gateway. Everything worked fine the first few times I sent images from my camera. Now I get a message that says "Cannot log in to Web service. I am very frustrated because the camera did not come with a USB cable so that I can download my images directly to the computer. I'm probably going to have to buy a card reader at this point. I'm very frustrated that I cannot get the wifi to work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

smack53
Mentor

You don't mention which camera you are having the issue with, but the USB cables and the card readers are available for only a few dollars online. I have both, and the card reader is definitely faster than the USB cable.Sorry I can't help you with the wifi as I don't use that method at all.

Steve M.

smack53
Mentor
I just saw another message that indicates the Canon Image Gateway has new terms and conditions as of August 6th, and that you will need to login and accept the terms and conditions to have your wifi working again. Maybe give that a try!

Steve M.

Thank you both for your replies. I think I will buy a card reader to make things easier, but I will also log in again for the terms and agreements. After all the trouble I'm having with this new camera (a PowerShot SX600), I will never buy another Canon again. It's back to Fuji for me.

Hi xavier714!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Announcements