cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Powershot SX530HS won't play back pictures

brittany2k17
Contributor

Hello, I've had my Cannon Powershot for a little over a year and it suddendly just stopped working. It will not playback pics and it just shuts off when I go to do so. I have never dropped the camera. The Lens are fine, could it be a battery issue? I cannot seem to find what is wrong with my camera. I love this camera and a bit frustrated! I've tried different memory cards but it is still not working. I no longer have my warranty and don't know what else to do! Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

John_
Authority

First thing I would do is get a new battery, it sounds like a power issue to me

I will try that, thank you!

brittany2k17
Contributor
I tried a new battery and still nothing! The camera takes pics and saves on the memory card but I cannot view them. If it was a lens error, will it pop up? All in all, the lens extract normally. This is so weird!

Does it happen with movies, too?

Hello, yes the same for movies!

What kind of memory card(s) are you using? Are they full size SD cards or micro SD cards with an adapter?

Have the cards been formatted in the camera?

Hello, the first time I did have a mini sd with an adapter. I've tried memory cards such as SDXC I SanDisk 64GB. It has the number 4 with a circle around it. The second one is a Infinitive brand SDHC I 16 GB. Could you please tell me which cards are compatible. Yes I formatted them but maybe not compatible?

Both SDHC and SDXC full size cards should be compatible, but avoid the micro SD card with an adapter. It's not uncommon for them to act wonky in cameras. And if the cards were purchased online there's a fair chance they may be counterfeits, even for the major brand names. Try to buy from a local retailer or camera shop if possible, or someplace like B&H Photo online. If cost is an issue, maybe you can get by with a 16gb or 32gb card.

Next, for the full size cards you currently have, SAVE ANY UNSAVED IMAGES ON THE CARDS TO YOUR COMPUTER. FORMATTING WILL ERASE ALL DATA ON THE CARDS.

You might try formatting the cards in a desktop or laptop and then format them again in the camera doing a "low level" format. The cards must be formatted in the camera to function properly. Also be sure to set the calendar and clock as well.

Has the camera acted strangely in any other ways?

Thank you so much! I bought them both from Target. I will try and format them on my laptop. No, the camera has not acted strangely in other ways. The WIFI button is not working as well but everything else is functional on the camera. When I go to press the playback button, I hear a click noise. I have never dropped the camera.
Announcements