cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon PowerShot SX730 won't come on

Mrdoodle
Apprentice
My PowerShot LCD doesn't want to come on, meaning I get a blank screen however it will still perform as it should by taking pictures even the flash works just the screen doesn't come on. Please help.
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Sadly these do fail.  Remove the battery and memory card.  Now reinsert the battery and move the mode selector dial to different positions and attempt to power on the camera.  It might also be helpful to lift the screen and test at various angles to see if a ribbon cable may have failed.  Defective LCD, etc. 

There is always Canon Service..  Newer model right?  Might still be under waranty. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

All good suggestions. I was wondering if you can see the menus? If you can you can check and see if the brightness of the LCD screen got turned all the way down somehow? Another "hail-mary" would be to do a reset to defaults if you can see the menus.

Announcements