cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we please talk about resolution?

xwingz2
Contributor

I have a SX60HS and a SX50HS.   My work occasionally requires a photograph for an article.  This week I am really l-o-s-t as I took shots with both cameras on the "highest settling".    The image size in .jpeg was about 2300kb.

The editor wants at least 1 meg.

So, I pick up my wife's FUGI XP.   The same shot; same lighting ends up being 7300kb in .jpeg.

WHAT am I doing wrong,  please help!   

If it's not the SX60...what do I buy in the local pawn shiop!!???

Or,  how do i set the SC60 or 50 to beat out the darnedl little FUGI?   It's making me crazzzzzzzzzzy!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

2300kb is 2.3MB.  Check your JPEG file size settings in your camera. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

Tha tis a huge crop, you are only using 3.3% of the original photo. I would suggest zooming in closer to the area of interest in your photo so you do not have to crop as much. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

2300kb is 2.3MB.  Check your JPEG file size settings in your camera. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle...

THANK YOU FOR THE LESSON in size.  I think the editor may not uinderstand and now I do.

Many----------many thanks!  

Please, can you teach me further? As it turns out, the photos with the SX60 and 50 exceeded the need all along. What I don't understand is when I crop them, size drops dramatically.

A 2300mb pix ends up being 75mb. How does "sizing" relate to "resolution"? Does the question make sense?

Tha tis a huge crop, you are only using 3.3% of the original photo. I would suggest zooming in closer to the area of interest in your photo so you do not have to crop as much. 

Thank you, too, for helping me understand.

I should have taken a phtography class long ago.

This is really important to me...ed  

You're welcome and you can find free information on Canon cameras on You Tube which explains the basics and much more

Announcements