cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect SX530 HS to PC via WiFi

mtnbkreric
Apprentice

I've got the camera in the Image Transfer Utility, but when I search for a device on the camera I get a device not found error.

I pinged the camera from the PC successfully, and I've gone through the setup for my SX530 to connect it to my iPad and also to the Canon Image Gateway, so I know the WiFi is setup correctly.

I'll take suggestions.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Windows 10 is my OS.

Same here. Windows 10 and SX530 HS will not connect to PC with WiFi  

My Win 10 PC would not read my memory chip from the camera in the built in card reader.  

But the memory chip did read and transfer the pictures using the usb card reader that came with the Accessory Kit. 

Hi Mtnbkreric,

Before beginning, please ensure the date (including the year), time (24 hour clock), time zone and daylight savings settings are correct and match the settings of the network you're you're using for the connection.

I also recommend taking a look at "Sending images to a computer".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements