cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Powershot SX510HS to computer

Blakedeam
Apprentice

I am trying to connect my powershot to my computer using WiFi,  I have the canon utilitys installed on my computer along with imagebrowser, The wifi connection setup has been done and said it was succesful. 

My camera is connected to my wifi and i am able to connect it to my android phone just fine, When searching for my pc it fines it just fine when i click it it says "connected device: Blake" and says connecting at the top. It just does that until a message comes up saying failed to connect.

Is there something I am not doing?

7 REPLIES 7

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello Blakedeam!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 

Did this ever get resolved?

no

I solved my problem last night.  When I chose computer and it found the wifi and the computer name appeared, I selected the

computer name. At the same time I had control panel opened on my computer to add hardware, add a device. The computer

found the camera and installed the driver.  The camera still couldn't make a connection but I did the same procedure again and this time CameraWindow came up (which I had previously installed from Canon's website) and asked me what I wanted to do.  I chose upload all pictures and everything went fine.

Thank you, Janatar. It worked for me also. The only problem I have is that CameraWindow disconects fast, so I can not import all images. Any solution for that?

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Blakedeam,

Are you connecting to your computer through a router or are you connecting with a direct ad-hoc connection?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements