cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect Canon IXUS 185 camera to laptop?

SRatten88
Apprentice

Greetings, 

I am from Australia, but I think my question would be relevent to the USA Canon community.

I have a Canon IXUS 185 camera. I want to transfer recorded videos from it to my Windows 10 laptop. Using a cable that did not come with the camera, I connect the camera to the laptop, but nothing pops up. No window pops up for the camera. I downloaded CameraWindow (both old versions and new versions) but it doesn't work either. I turn on the camera as I connect it to the laptop, and nothing happens.

Someone told me I could use a card reader, put the camera's SD card in it, then connect the card reader to the laptop. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the camera is not detecting in the OS after connecting and being turned on, the type of cable you are using may not be correct..  example charging vs. data...  or the pin out configuration may not be a match.

A card reader might be a safe bet. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the camera is not detecting in the OS after connecting and being turned on, the type of cable you are using may not be correct..  example charging vs. data...  or the pin out configuration may not be a match.

A card reader might be a safe bet. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements