cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a Tochiba SDHC Type 1 or 2 Class 10 memory card in my Canon PowerShot A1400 and A1300 ?

spetho2001
Enthusiast
I have a Canon Power Shot A 1400 camera and also a A1300 older model. I am looking at the Tochiba Exceria Type 1 , 8 or 16 or 32 GB, read 95 MB/s, write 90 MB/s class 10 and the Tochiba Exceria Type 2, 16 or 32 or 64 GB, read 95 MB/s, write 60 MB/s Class 10 SDHC cards.
The camera manual says;
     The following memory cards (sold seperately) can be used, regardless of capacity
. SD memory cards  .  SDXC memory cards
. SDHC memory cards  .  Eye-Fi cards
. Cards conforming to SD standards. however, not all memory cards have been verified to work with the camera
Can you tell me if these Tochiba cards will work in this camera?
For Canon, where do I find the list of cards that are verified to work?
Thank you,
     Thomas Spero
5 REPLIES 5

Mykolas
Authority

Hi spetho2001!

Thanks for posting to the forum.

The camera does support SD, SDHC and SDXC cards that are Class 10 rated, so the cards should work.  However, keep in mind we have not tested specific cards with the camera, so we cannot say for sure or recommend which specific cards to use.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This did not answer my question. I get the same no answer from contact us. Very poor service or research for these cameras. The list of cards that work is not much help either.

Thanks anyway,

TomS

Can't believe it! A card does not come with the camera and the company that makes the camera can not recommend a card!

Toshiba SD cards work fine with mine. Since Canon does not make the SD cards, they won't make recommendations on them. I haven't found any camera makers that will either.

smack53,

I found what you said hard to believe. The camera will not work without a card. You might as well throw it out. So, like I said, I found it hard to believe that the maker of a camera, that needs the card to work, can not recommend a card. I happen to own a Nikon CoolPix S8000 so I pulled out the user manual and there on page 149 under "approved memory cards" was a recommendation for four manufactures of SD cards and the specs for those cards.

Announcements