cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera window not working on android lollipop with nexus 5 phone

pud
Apprentice

Hi

I've just got canon SX60 camera and cannot connect the camerawindow app to the camera.

44 REPLIES 44

Well, you can count me as one customer lost due to the total disrespect that Canon is showing it's customers here.

As there's been no indication as to when this advertised feature of the camera will be reinstated I used that as justification to get a refund on my S120.

I couldn't be happier having upgraded to a Sony RX100, WiFi connectivity works seamlessly and the pictures are wonderful too.

Safe to say I won't be looking at a Canon when time comes to upgrade my 700D.

Canon you suck, way to lose a life-long customer...

Mike...
It's been 2 months.
What is up?

Hi Mike,
The new Camera connect does not work on my nexus 7 and lollipop.Returned to kitkat and camera connect now works. Any thoughts??????    Time Canon got there fingers out, there customer relations department/ software guys must be on permanant holiday. Off to buy a NIKON now!!!!!

Hi Mike, I did visit play store and found that Camera Window was replaced by Camera Connect.

I just need to know if the new app will work with Android Lollipop.

I've got a new mobile with the option to upgrade from kitkat, but don't want to do it untill I know for sure that the app will work...

Christo

Hi,
Are you talking about a mobile phone or camera?

Hi, 

I'm talking about the Canon app on Android mobile, used to connect via NFC to my canon G7X...Smiley Happy

Christo

Hello Altopiet. 

No, the new Connect app does not work with Lollipop.  If you want to use either of the two apps then you should stay with Kit Kat or use another make of camera. 

I am not sure what Canon's plans are but they seem to be completely unaware that there is a problem.  It seems that Mike has no idea what is going on either. 

Thank you, I just hope Canon don't  take too long with an update to their app...Smiley Happy

Christo

Don't hold your breath. We've been waiting since October basically.

I find it rather shocking that a company like Canon could be so unbelievably incompetent. It's not even the fact that we users have to wait, it's the fact they are basically ignoring us. At this point I wonder if I ought to just sell the camera and get something else but I am still hopeful for an update soon.

Sheesh

Hello Mike

Please could you let us know what Canon are planning to do about this.  We need to know because if Canon are not planning a fix to Camera Connect or cannot give a reasonable date for a fix then I will be sending my SX 60 back for a refund because the goods are not fit for purpose and not as described by Canon. 

It would be helpful if you could ask your sources to check things out before replying.   Your last post (dated 24 December) concerning the fix for Camera Window has turned out to be well wide of the mark in view of the subsequent withdrawal of Camera Window soon after Canon had told you that CW would be updated for Lollipop. 

Regards

Announcements