cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera window not working on android lollipop with nexus 5 phone

pud
Apprentice

Hi

I've just got canon SX60 camera and cannot connect the camerawindow app to the camera.

44 REPLIES 44

Paddywack,
you have the wrong Mike. Iam Extec. Resend to MIKE.

Extec,

Apologies and thanks for letting me know. I have resent to Mike (hopefully)

Thats OK Paddywack, but dont hold your breath that anything will be done. There arrogance towards customers knows no bounds

I have talked to my powershot sx60 dealer and he refuses a return after four months due to Wi-Fi problems. I also tried the second hand market but can't get a decent offer for the camera.

Last possibility before holiday, is to back the mobile to kitkat level, meaning two days of work with backups and restoring all apps and settings. 

I can guarantee that none in my family, friends and relatives will buy a Canon product after this experience. This is a Canon forum, I expect some kind of interest from Canon in their own forums.

Hello Mike

Please could you let us know what Canon are planning to do about this.  We need to know because if Canon are not planning a fix to Camera Connect or cannot give a reasonable date for a fix then I will be sending my SX 60 back for a refund because the goods are not fit for purpose and not as described by Canon. 

It would be helpful if you could ask your sources to check things out before replying.   Your last post (dated 24 December) concerning the fix for Camera Window has turned out to be well wide of the mark in view of the subsequent withdrawal of Camera Window soon after Canon had told you that CW would be updated for Lollipop. 

Regards

dafish
Apprentice
When will this issue be fixed? I think it's reasonable to expect a schedule for this.

If no response received promptly then the new camera I received for Christmas will be returned as unfit for purpose. WiFi connectivity and the android app were advertised features of the camera.

This isn't acceptable, android 5 has been out for months and the SDK available for even longer.

I'm sure plenty others have just received a new camera this week and are in the same boat, an official response to this issue and a confirmed schedule for the fix needs to be provided.

Prd51prd
Contributor
Agreed. More of the same for those of us who had a camera that worked and then stopped with the new is. Canon needs to support its users!!

Jpcamejo
Apprentice
Same issue but with the G7x

Prd51prd
Contributor
Hear hear

I have a Canon SX 60 IS and a Nexus 5 running Lollipop.   I cannot connect the Nexus 5 via wi-fi.   I also have a Galaxy Nexus running Jellybean and that connects fine to the SX 60.    I have emailed Canon but never received a reply.  I seems that they do not care.  Really not impressive and makes me think it is an error to buy Canon equipment within the first year of its availability.  In future will not buy Canon till I know that they can support their equipment when operating systems evolve.  Waste of money to buy Canon because of new features (like wi-fi) which only work under old software.   I hope someone from Canon can give us some idea of when they will have this problem solved

Announcements