cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera downloads photos to computer into a folder by name of year only

mycamera
Apprentice

How can I download photos to folder  named as such: 2014_05_02  with photos inside for that day only.  My file shows as  year only 2014 and inside 04 or 05 representing month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

smack53
Mentor

If you are using the Canon Utilities Camera Window DC, you will need to click on the gear icon (preferences) in the upper right. After that opens, selelct the Folder Settings tab, and check the appropriate item under the create subfolder section. For the format you want, the first option should be fine.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

hsbn
Whiz

what program are you using to download your image? and what OS?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

And Im curious as to what model camera also?

Camera is Power Shot SX 230 HS

Camera is canon power shot sx230 & I use the software that came with it.  Don't know what OS is

OS is your computer operating system, such as Windows 7.

smack53
Mentor

If you are using the Canon Utilities Camera Window DC, you will need to click on the gear icon (preferences) in the upper right. After that opens, selelct the Folder Settings tab, and check the appropriate item under the create subfolder section. For the format you want, the first option should be fine.

That worked!  After clicking  gear icon I had to click "import" and then folder settings.  The tech support for canon told me it was a computer issue not the camera.  Thank you so much.

Announcements