cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Window app for Windows Phone?

altopiet
Contributor

Hi, I'm new around here....

Can anyone tell me when a Camera Window app will be available for use with my Windows Phone, I just got a G7X for Xmas:)

Christo
3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

The good news is that is an awesome camera !

The bad news is that Windows phones are usually not supported whereas Android and Apple are. I know I have a Windows phone and becuase of that I got a cheap used Android phone for the huge amounts of apps available.

Im not sure why Windows is either left out or left way behind other than they might be to protective of there source codes or something.

That's a bummer! Now I'll have to wait 4 months until my next phone upgrade, and get some Android phone...Smiley Sad

Christo

altopiet
Contributor

Looking at other threads, it's not only Windowsphone that is ignored by Canon, even the latest Android OS won't work with with the CW app...

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/PowerShot/Camera-window-not-working-on-android-lollipop-with-nexus...

I've decided to upgrade my smartphone contract in March, to the Sony Xperia Z3 compact, with Android kitkat OS, which should work with CW, but then I'll not be able to do the planned upgrade of the phone to Lollipop.

The G7X is my first Canon product, and I really like the camera, which I picked over the Sony RX100 3m because of so called good support by Canon as a company, and the fact that the camera devision of Sony is not a big player in the market.

I'm starting to doubt I'll make any further Canon pruduct purchases in future, if this is an indication of how serious Canon is about it's compact/P&S customer base...

Christo
Announcements