cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect does not work with Camera Access Point on iPhone

krgraham
Apprentice

Just downloaded the latest version (1.2.20) of Canon Camera Connect. When I try to set up a Camera Access Point on the camera I can select the network with an iPhone 6s and see a valid IP address, but when I start the app then I always get the message access failed. This is very strange and frustrating since I can use the same app with the same camera (G16) on an iPad to establish a connection with the Camera Access Point. Moreover, if I try to connect the camera to the iPhone using the home network it works without problems. For some reason, Camera Access Point does NOT work with an iPhone.

Can anyone else confirm this? Can anyone successfully get this to work?

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi krgraham,

When updating an app, please clear the wi-fi settings on your camera, then re-enter them.  You should be able to reconnect to your iPhone.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, but problem was NOT solved.

I reset wifi settings. Then tried to connect iPhone to camera but once again after selecting device and answering to allow images I get the Connection Failed dialog. I tried a few times with same problem.

Next I tried connecting the iPad and everything worked just fine. Then I tried connecting to my wifi network and as before I was able to connect the camera to the iPhone using the wifi network.

But I CANNOT use Camera Access Point to connect the camera to the iPhone. This is not a problem when I'm home, but my objective is to be able to use this feature on the road so that I can transfer photos from the camera to the iPhone where I can edit them and share them.

Any other suggestions? Can anyone else get this feature to work with G16 and iPhone 6s?

krgraham
Apprentice

I received an email that Richard posted a new comment at 5:15pm but it does NOT appear here.

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED.

Announcements