Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON G7X MARK III

talagaming
Apprentice

HELLO

Can someone help me

I am soon starting live gaming video content on facebook using streamlabs obs and I bought the canon g7x mark iii new just a week ago

HOW can I use my canon g7x mark iii as a webcam for streaming and also how can I charge it while streaming so that the battery doesn't run off 

Please any ideas?

Or if it doesn't work as a webcam should I return it and buy another one? Which one do you recommand for streaming on facebook using streamlabs obs AND also vlogging

Thank you xoxo

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Visit canon.us/livestream for info on how to get started. 

I already looked and don't find anything

I understand that i need to download the eos utility webcam beta but don't know how to charge it while streaming

You need to get a PD-E1 power adapter

@kvbarkley wrote:

You need to get a PD-E1 power adapter

This is a good answer but not for this situation. When the GX 7 Mark III is being used as a webcam, it is already using the USB-C port to send the video data to the computer. The PD-E1 power adapter cannot use the camera's USB-C port at the same time.

I think think the original poster's question was how to power the camera when the USB-C port is not available for power input use. I have the same question.

The Mark II has a way to install a "dummy battery" in the battery bay that is actually connected to a power adapter. That way the Mark II is powered from an outlet through the battery connectors. These adapters won't work for the Mark III because the battery door is different.

@adayley wrote:

The Mark II has a way to install a "dummy battery" in the battery bay that is actually connected to a power adapter. That way the Mark II is powered from an outlet through the battery connectors. These adapters won't work for the Mark III because the battery door is different.

I was incorrect. The dummy battery adapter does work for the Mark III, even though it means the battery door has to be left open.

The "dummy battery" solution works to keep the camera powered up. See my solution at https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/PowerShot/Powering-G7-X-Mark-III-when-used-as-USB-webcam/m-p/3304...

Since the dummy battery takes the place of the battery, it doesn't charge the battery. But it does keep the camera powered all day,

Announcements