cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best settings for Canon A1200-taking inside picture

no1texan
Contributor

I need to take a high quality picture with my Canon A1200 PowerShot camera for my website of one of my wood art pieces that I handcraft.  It is a man's wooden tie and is being shown on a man's torso mannequin (about 1 1/2' wide, 2 1/2' tall), therefore the picture is going to be tall rectangle. The picture will be taken inside in a light box.

Because I try to display all pictures on my website as square, I will have to put the rectangle picture in a square emply frame.

I have little to know skills in how to take a good picture. I am using a tripod and will use the timer.Any suggestions and recommended settings will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cicopo
Elite

Are you asking for help in taking the photo or in how to process it after taking it? If you have a lightbox the photo part should be straight forward if you use a tripod but if you need help editing / cropping / filling a canvas etc that's a big topic & will be very dependant on the software you own or need to buy.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

Are you asking for help in taking the photo or in how to process it after taking it? If you have a lightbox the photo part should be straight forward if you use a tripod but if you need help editing / cropping / filling a canvas etc that's a big topic & will be very dependant on the software you own or need to buy.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

My question is about taking the picture - no editing afterwards. I set the camera on auto and shoot away. Since I posted the question I have made good progress with the pictures.

Announcements