cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best miniature effect camera. 1080p?

Tonybyte
Apprentice

Hi, I have a gopro and a great dslr with pro lenses.

I am only interested in the miniature effect for fun and i realize i can create this effect on my own.

1. Do any of the canon cameras have the miniature effect in 1080p?
2. I have seen some really disappointing reviews about battery life for video with Canon compacts. This is definately a concern.
3. gopros can plug into external USB batteries / chargers and charge while shooting for many many hours as if they were plugged in. Do any of the Canon cameras with miniature effect allow mini usb charging while shooting video?
3. I will probably mix footage with gopro timelapses. I've had problems mixing footage with a Nikon D700 because of framerate. This may be a concern or I'll just have to make sure the gopro is set to match.
4. decent zoom would be nice since i'll probably be high on hills, bridges etc

Any camera suggestions? (I am only assuming it would be a Powershot model by the way.) Price even for just this effect is irrelevant while shopping. I'm sure i'll use the camera at other times, I dont own a point and shoot but this is my main desire. I love timelapses and mini effect.

Thanks for any help. 🙂  
Tony

Edit: I am considering the PowerShot SX170 since i dont believe any of the cameras shoot in 1080p with the miniature effect on anyway. Plus I like the idea of using the professional charger and large supply of eneloop rechargeable batteries I already have. I do wish it had a higher zoom than 16 but maybe that will be fine. Any input is still welcome.

1 REPLY 1

smack53
Mentor
I believe the SX170IS uses a lithium battery, not the AA's like the SX160IS. I can't help you on the video as I mainly shoot stills.

Steve
Announcements