cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery charger question

Reddog99
Apprentice

I just bought an SX50 HS, and a camera case. I've found that the camera case has enough room in it's side pocket to store the Canon supplied battery charger (CB-2LC) or an extra battery, but not both at the same time unless I install the battery into the charger. So my question is; will leaving the battery in the charger all the time harm or discharger the battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Reddog99,

While we don't suggest long term storage in the battery charger, you shouldn't have any difficulty in storing the battery there for a short period of time.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Reddog99,

While we don't suggest long term storage in the battery charger, you shouldn't have any difficulty in storing the battery there for a short period of time.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK, thanks for the reply. I've been storing the battery in the charger for a few days so far and it hasn't gone up in smoke yet.  Smiley Very Happy

Reddog99,

Glad to help. 

I should clarify.  You'll want to remember not to leave the battery on too long.  Some discharging will occur. 

Announcements