cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any folks out there still using older Powershot G cameras?

MerchanLobo
Apprentice

Decided to score a G10 (2008) used a few days ago. Haven't taken it out of the house yet, but it's kind of cool to be able to use external flash on a p&s camera with advanced controls. Here's one of my test shots with an older Vivitar 2000 bounce flash + Wein SafeSync. I was thinking of going for an older model, but I didn't want to deal too much with the difficulty of finding a different memory card other than SD, or issues with finding extra batteries... at least not yet!

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, MerchanLobo!

It looks like your photo didn't come through in your post.  To insert a photo, click the "Insert/Edit Image" icon at the top of the text box when you're composing or editing your message. It's near the center and it's a square with a pair of mountain peaks in it. You'll get instructions from there.

That's all there is to it. We look forward to seeing what you share!

I've been using a G 9 as my underwater camera since 2009 but it died after 2 days of diving in 2018. (it had seen a lot of use ). I tried to replace it (at a fair price) but eventually a good deal came up on a G 10 & the underweater housing so I bought it. That died (seller admitted it has been used a lot) this Aug & after some searching I've found a low use G 9 in my price range. It's heading to Cozumel in Jan for more dive photos. This is one of my favorites from the G 9

img_6165v1_26535792568_o.jpg

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I use a G1x and a G15. Love'em both.  I take one of them when big cameras are a problem.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Everybody needs a "G" camera whether they know it or not is the question.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have a G1 and a G7, and they both work pefectly (still have the boxes, accessories and packaging to boot).   The G7 is tiny but takes great images

NZ Tongariro NP Mt Ngaruahoe.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Haleakala?

Nice try.  

Actually this was taking on the Tongariro Crossing, Tongariro National Park, New Zealand.  The cone in the background is one of the vents of Tongariro, call Mt Nguarahoe.

@AuroraR wrote:

Haleakala?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements