cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF shows Green sq - Afterwards Display shows white sq with yellow sq - with image often blurred why

ballina
Apprentice

New powershot 320hs - I'm getting the green auto focus bars when shooting a image, but afterwards the display detail shows a white sq with yellow inside square on the image I shot and the second tiny image for AF check tells me it is not sharp.  This happens often when shooting and I have to shoot several pictures of the same image before I get a sharp picture.  I noticed better results with face detection on but I'm shooting plant images so I don't understand why this is happening?  I have had other elphs without this problem.

Rose Gatto 

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi ballina!

Thank you for posting.

There are certain limitations on how close to the subject the camera can be and still achieve a focus lock.  The yellow square indicates that the camera was unable to focus on the subject.

How close to the subject is the camera when you are focusing on it?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was about 4 to 6 inches for a close up shot  and I used the macro focus too.  But I had that yellow square happen on some of my landscape pictures too.   I finally got some sharp picture but I had to shoot several pictures to get it. I moved out to about 8 to 10 inches too. I will experiment with pictures far away and see how often the yellow square shows up.

Rose

In addition to how close, were you using the zoom at the same time? That will give you a hard time when doing macros if you get that close. As far as the landscape shots, might you have left it in macro mode when getting the shot? I've done that more than I'd like to admit!!

Steve M.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements