Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

A2500 function questions (flash, focus)

Hi all I've had a number of Canon powershots so I'm somewhat familiar with the model. However I just got a new 2500 and there are some features that I can't access (or just don't exist?) 1) auto flash off - with my SD 1000 IS I set the flash to "off" and it stays off, even when I turn the camera off and on again. This doesn't work with the new camera. Is there another way to prevent the autoflash every time I turn on the camera? 2) focus - I'm used to being able to press the shutter button half way to focus and then shift the camera around and maintain the original focal point. Now when I try to do that with the 2500, the focal point moves if I shift the camera. Overall I like the camera, but I find that I really miss these features. I hope that someone can help!
You don't know unless you ask.
Adventure = Adversity recounted at leisure
Respected Contributor

Re: A2500 function questions (flash, focus)

So when you turn the flash off and turn the camera off when you turn the camera back on the flash resets to on/auto?

Is that using Smart Auto or using Program mode or both?

New Contributor

Re: A2500 function questions (flash, focus)

That did it! Thaink very much. I was sure that the feature was there, but hadn't understood it. 

You don't know unless you ask.
Adventure = Adversity recounted at leisure