cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A1400 Re-install ?

pursang
Contributor

Just bought my Canon PowerShot A1400 and I'm having a few problems with the Image Browser EX and wondering what I can do to fix or change it, when installing Image Browser EX on my computer (Windows XP w SP3) I was given 2 options when loading pictures, I wasn't sure which option to use but now I'm sure I picked the wrong one, my thousands of pictures are no longer in folders I seem to have loaded them individually which took hours !   I thought I could maby delete them all and go back and choose the other option which I think loads them in their folders, but discovered that when I delete a picture in Image Browser EX it's also deleted from my computer, I'm wondering should I uninstall/reinstall Image Browser EX then choose the other option, would this risk losing all my pictures ?  as it is whenever the Image Browser EX opens it's incredibly slow, hope you can help.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. Deleting Image Browser will not delete your photos.

2. I don't know how familiar/comfortable you are working on the computer, but if it were me I would create file folders and move all the files into the folders you want in Windows.

3. Download Zoom Browser from here and see if you like it better that IB.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_1d...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John, I've spent some more time in Image Browser and discovered all my folders are there after all it just took some searching around to find them.   thanks also for the link to Zoom Browser, I've had that installed on my computer since I bought my Canon A410 years ago, I much prefer it to Image Browser since IB is ridiculously slow to load up, although I rarely use Zoom Browser except to initially load up photo's onto the computer, do you know if I uninstalled IB would it be possible to use Zoom Browser with my new A1400 ?  

I can't give you a definitive answer about ZB, but I have used it with several cameras that came with IB, so I suggest just install it and give it a try. It can't do any harm.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I presently have Zoom Browser EX on my computer, before installing Image Browser I hooked up the A1400 to see if the photo's would load up as they usually do with my A410, but nothing happened, I'm not sure if the A1400 was unable to recognize Zoom Browser or if it will only work with Image Browser, I've used IM for a short while now and it's not that I don't like it but it's really slowed my computer down, is there a way to make the A1400 work through Zoom Browser ?

Announcements