Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

9999 image numbers used up on PowerShot 100IS. How do I reset so I don't duplicate image numbers?

I have used up the 9999 consecutive numbers for images.  How do I re-set so I can continue to use the camera but not have duplicate numbers?  Obviously, I'm on a different memory chip than when I first got the camera.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 9999 image numbers used up on PowerShot 100IS. How do I reset so I don't duplicate image number

To the best of my knowledge you can't. The camera starts a new folder & starts from 0001 again. It's the same for my DSLR's.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 9999 image numbers used up on PowerShot 100IS. How do I reset so I don't duplicate image number

I use the Digital Photo Professional software that came with the camera to keep the numbering sequence. It's under the Tools, Start Rename. The camera is limited to 4 places for the numbering, so the software is the only way to prevent duplicate numbering.

Steve M.