cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G9 X Unable to Connect to New Wifi - Set the correct date and time

slopatin
Apprentice

I am successfully able to transfer photos from my PowerShot G9X to my Google drive when using my wifi connection at home. However, I am now traveling and unable to connect to another wifi source. 

I click on Set and it searches access points and I select the correct wifi connection. It then tries to connect to it but eventually says "Set the correct date and time". The date and time are correct, and even if I change it it still does not work. Any suggestions?

23 REPLIES 23

kb1151
Apprentice

I have just set up a canon powershot sx530 hs and when I try and use wifi it takes me to authentication and then says set date and time, I have already set this up including time zones, anyone also experianced this and know what to do?

guthrie
Enthusiast

Same issue on a G16, has this been resolved yet??

Hi guthrie,

Wi-fi issues can happen for a range of reasons. We would be happy to trouble shoot the your PowerShot G16 with you. To do that we will need a little bit more information on what is happening when you try to connect your camera through wifi. Also what device are you trying to connect to, and if you are getting an error message what does it say word for word?

Well, i connect to the Wi-Fi local network - "Image Sync" and a local access point. That seems to work fine, although now I see that it also gives a notification "Set Data/Time." 

Then any destination I try to connect to (computer, phone, GDrive, ...) all flash their symbol as on the choice menu, and then say: "Set Date/Time", and then reverts to the choose destination menu.

I started a separate thread reporting this...

G16 -Wifi Connect fails - Set date/time - Canon Community

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements