cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting computer to recognize PowerShot SD800 IS

sophiapeiser15
Apprentice

I am using the canon PC1209 digital camera and am now trying to get the photos I have taken on a SanDisk 64 GB card onto my mac computer. Both technologies are relatively and are both slow so I am not sure if the connection not working is a result of my own errors or the devices'. Anyways I have tried putting the memory card directly into the computer but I'm getting a message saying "the disk you attached is not readable in this computer". I then tried plugging the camera in with the sim card in it but the computer is not even recognizing the camera at all whether the camera is on or off. 

Please let me know what I should do and if there is more information you need.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, sophiapeiser15!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which Canon camera model you're using.  The PC number you provided doesn't really help us here and we would prefer the camera's model name.  You'll find that on the top and/or front of your Canon camera.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi thank you for the quick response.

I have the PowerShot SD8000 IS Digital elph and if it helps it also says AiAF on it. 

Thanks

Hi sophiapeiser15,

There isn't any Canon import software available for that camera model on Mac computers. There is a piece of software built into your operating system you can use to import your photos. It is called Image Capture and the steps to use it are:

1) Click on the Finder icon in your dock (the square smiley face with a line down the middle).

2) Select Applications.

3) Image Capture will be listed in here, double click it to open it.

4) Once Image Capture is open connect the camera and computer with the USB cable. At that point Image Capture should see the camera and begin showing the photos.

5) Once the photos are loaded in you can select the folder you want to save to at the bottom of the window and you can import with the Import button in the bottom right of the window.

If that doesn't work with the USB there is one other thing that you can try. The steps will be the same, but on step 4 you would plug the memory card into a memory card reader.

Announcements