cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX720 HS How find photos and how erase them?

rogsanjco
Contributor

The manual doesn't seem to match the dials. After I have taken photos, how can I access them sequentially from the most recent to those less recent? Also, how can I delete them singly or in multiples? This was super simple with my Panasonic Lumix, but I've reached a dead end with the PowerShot manual. Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thank you so much, John. It's helpful to be reminded of the complexity of such a camera during the beginning of my transition from my long-time Lumix; and to be encouraged to make good use of the manual, even after one has mastered the basics and runs into a perplexing situation. BTW, I chose the new Powershot compared to a "comparable" new Lumix partly because of the pop-up flash and partly the lower cost, not to mention some outstanding professional reviews online. 

View solution in original post

And you made a wise choice Rodger!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

John_
Authority

Once you enter viewing mode to look at your images by pressing the play button on the rear of the camera page 98 of your user manual explains it pretty well on how to delete single or multiple images so Im not sure where you are stuck?

Thank you much, John. By play button, do you mean the arrow button that points to the right? If so, I just discovered that if I press it down for a second, it brings up a photo and I can move back and forth between photos. However, the photo is tiny in the upper left corner & there's much technical info on the rest of the screen. I would like to see the photos full screen to decide whether to delete. Is that possible?

Your welcome and by the play button I mean this one:

Playback button.JPG

Then you can use the left and right arrows on the dial to move back or forward.

Then use the down arrow on the dial and you'll see "erase" as an option to move to and select again with the left and right arrows

Thank you again, John. That's helpful. My one remaining question: When the screen shows a photo that I have taken, can I fill the screen with that photo to see it better for evaluation? Also, if I can fill the screen with a photo, would I again use the right arrow button next to the wifi button to move to another/other photo/s? Roger

Hi Rodger and your welcome

These cameras are a combination of a computer, a monitor and a camera and take some time to get use to all the different ways to do different things. It takes practice, patience and make the user manual your best friend! I still have to refer back to my manual for things I want to do that are not common to me.

Here is how to manipulate the image as far as the size on the screen as well as moving to another image while an image is resized.

Resizing images.JPG

Thank you so much, John. It's helpful to be reminded of the complexity of such a camera during the beginning of my transition from my long-time Lumix; and to be encouraged to make good use of the manual, even after one has mastered the basics and runs into a perplexing situation. BTW, I chose the new Powershot compared to a "comparable" new Lumix partly because of the pop-up flash and partly the lower cost, not to mention some outstanding professional reviews online. 

And you made a wise choice Rodger!

I need help with understanding how one deletes all images on the SD card in the 720.

Use the Menu button to find the setting to format the card.

Announcements