cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Mark III Transferring RAW to iPhone & Mac, best format for social media

frenchgroovy
Apprentice

Hello guys, hope you're well!

I just got a Canon G7X Mark III, and I got a bit of noob questions for y'all!

1 - Firstly, If I understood well I need to shoot in RAW to not lose quality, however when I use Canon Connect app its only in jpg. I also tried DPP Express but I can't save it to my iPhone Camera in Raw. Is there a way to save it in raw directly on your iPhone? Also, I can't find the EOS Utility software for my Mac (Big Sur) as I guess I'd be able to transfer it raw to my laptop ?

2 - I mainly shoot for social media stuff, what format would you guys recommend ? Im a bit lost between all these S - M - L formats etc

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 REPLY 1

hub
Apprentice

Camera raw files require post processing. They are for people who have the time to edit them. JPEG are perfectly fine, and the loss of quality is not noticeable. Given that you post directly, I would just shoot JPEG, Large. And if you really want to be able to use raw files later, you can still do raw + JPEG. Post from the JPEG, that you can edit on your phone, and later, dump the SD card content on your computer.

The sizes S M L are Small, Medium, Large respectively.

Announcements