cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Mark II Loud Buzzing Noise in Videos

adaneshmand
Apprentice

My camera makes a loud buzzing "SHHH" noise in the background of my videos and it's almost too much to even focus on hearing myself. It's not the auto focus. How do I fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

How long have you had this unit since purchase?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Almost 2 years now. It is frustrating because I have tried to put background music to cover the loud noise, but it only makes it worse.

Has this recently started to occur?
Is there a separate microphone you can try out to connect instead of using the camera's internal mic, if that is what you are using?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

It's been happening since the beginning. I thought my settings were the problem, but they're not. I do not have a separate mic, although will buying one possibly fix the issue?

Honestly, you have missed an opportunity to have it sorted under warranty, which for refurb gear is six months.  I would see if you can try a separate mike in a store and check to see if it records without the noise

cheers, TREVOR

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There two sources of noise in videos, electronic or mechanical.  The common mechanical sources are the AF motors and the Aperture motors.  These are usually audible to the human ear, and are typically not a constant, steady hum.

Electronic noises typically hum, pop, and crackle.  Electronic hum on an audio track could be the result of improperly connected microphone.  Seeing how your microphone is internal, this cause is unlikely.  Make sure there is no dirt and dust in the tiny slot in the body for the microphone.

Another source of hum in audio is improper grounding of the power supply to your audio electronic.  This can be caused by an improperly connected microphone or a bad power supply, such as an AC adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Could be the IS, too. Try turning it off.

what is the IS?

Image Stabilization. A part of the lens moves in response to your movement to keep the image still on the sensor.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements