cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot ELPH 360 HS won't take pictures with flash on

sabshots
Apprentice

Hey! So my camera (canon powershot elph 360 hs) was working perfectly for a few days. Then all of a sudden it is unable to take pictures with flash. I can set the flash to “always on” etc but the orange light will just turn on and no photo is taken. I can take photos without flash however if i set it to “always off”. i’m quite frustrated — i’ve tried resetting all the settings to default, charging the battery, changing the card etc. Please let me know if there is any solution. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I can understand this being frustrating.  I assume from your extensive efforts that you have experience with the camera and have referred to the appropriate areas of the manual regarding Flash: Camera User Guide (c-wss.com)

When did you purchase your camera, and when you did so was it new?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you for replying! yes it is completely new i bought it a couple weeks ago. I read through the manual, and it said that when the flash symbol blinks ( as it is doing for me ) the flash needs to recharge. My theory is somehow the circuit for the flash is fried and therefore the flash is unable to charge so it cannot take a picture when the flash is on. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks for your fast response.
Given it is a new unit, I would suggest calling Canon tech support: in the US 800-OK-CANON and have a chat with them.  If it is a fault, you should have no difficulty in getting it sorted within warranty if it was purchased from Canon, or an authorized outlet.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Okay I will try that, thank you!

Announcements