cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Canon SX60HS vs my SX530 HS

Steveleiden1
Contributor

This is a problem well documented in my earlier thread, but this is a new twist that just cannot be explained. I seem to have entered the twilight zone today. Last year I purchased a Canon Powershot SX60 HS for my wife. Due to some crummy developments, I didn’t set it up for her until today. After setting up the date, time and time zone, I went straight to the WiFi section and configured the WiFi on the camera for my network. I selected to add a device and chose my wife’s laptop. I followed the procedure to add a device on her laptop and voila, the SX60 appeared in the device list and connected nicely. So with excitement I went over to my laptop and tried to add it as a device, on the laptop selected add a device and voila, the SX60HS connected to my laptop immediately. So I tried my old SX530HS and nooo deal.

The SX530HS connects to my 4 other computers with both Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro, but not this laptop. Canon support worked with me for 90 minutes back in February to no avail. Their help was commendable, but not successful.

Is there any way to completely reload the software on the camera or have the camera returned to Canon to test it or refurbish it?

Total disappointment at this time

Steve

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Steveleiden1,

Thanks for posting.

If you turn off the other computers connected to your network (or disconnect them from the network), are you able to connect to your laptop?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for taking the time to offer help. I tried your recommendation this morning and did not see any change to the problem. I still can not connect to my laptop (Toshiba Satellite P50). I'm starting to think I'm the only one with this issue. Ouch!

Steve

Announcements