cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting an A550 Powershot on a wheelcair arm

Ephraimh
Contributor

I am looking for a way to mount my Canon A550 Powershot on to the arm of my wheel chair. The one I had - and lost - was a simple flat rod that I laid on the arm of the chair and strapped it around the arm.  It had a ball head on it that I screwed the Canon A550 into.  I think the ballhead was made by Joby.   I lost the rod & the ballhead that was affixed to it.

It was a very simple inexpensive thing that served all my purposes.   Any other inexpensive solution will do. The hard part, as best I can tell, is finding something that will clamp onto the arm with a minimum of difficulty.  My hand strength is next to nil

Can anyone suggest any solutions?

Thank you,
Ephraim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
13 REPLIES 13

John_
Authority

Have you looked at the mounts for action cameras like go pro, muvi by veho and Im sure there are others. They have strong camera mounts with standard tripod screw for many different applications?

thanks

Gorillapod?

cool idea Veteran those things will grip to most anything !

Bought a gorrilapod hybrid. that sucker is mean.

Great !! Yes they cling to most any shape and a very sturdy

the gorillapod broke today as I was trying to hook it to my chair. it had worked every time I had used it before but I must have used as lot more force this time.  I have to do a lot of work to get it to secure because of my lack of grip strength. all that pushing and twisting must have been more than it could take.  the gorillapod is otherwise a great device. the arm of my chair doesn't have small enough lip on it to get the legs to wrap around it without a whole lot of work on my part.. oh well, he sighed...

Thats to bad but it still is under warranty and may be replaceable for free...have you looked at any of the action camera mounts? Those are very strudy since they are designed for rough and tough use and usually clamp securly to the srurface they are mounted on like bicycles etc.

sometimes am a little dumb on the uptake. It still works. I fiddled with it and it's still strong enough to hold on to the arm of the chair even with two and a half legs.  will look into the other suggestions.  not sure if I still have the receipt; will look for it. thanks again.

note to self: turn on brain before posting ( and most anything else)

Announcements