cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Mark II Folder creation by date disappeared

Malimish
Apprentice

Hi. I just switched from the G7x mark 2 to the mark 3. All my photos end up in a single folder named 100Canon instead of organizing them into folders by date like with the mark 2. Is this canon’s new way of organizing photos? Or is there something I can do to get the dates folder system back? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I don't see that option for the mark III while I did see it for the Mark II. Actually, this brings the Mark III in line with most other Canon Cameras which don't offer date based file storage - probably because it violates the DCIM standard.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If you transfer your images to a computer, you can sort by date in the file manager and then pop them into new folders based on date.  As KV states, the folder system not using dates is standard for Canon.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ddd
Apprentice

Can I split the images to different folders on the sd card, and see them on my camera? Or does the camera only knows to look at one folder for images?

I used a new card for my G7 M3 camera, and at the beginning it created a new folder for each month (and I liked it), but then it stopped and put all of my images to one big folder. Is there no way to get that feature back?

Announcements