cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Understand What My PowerShot SX740 HS Is Trying To Tell Me To Do

cityslicker
Apprentice

IT IS A PIC OF A RED CAMERA WITH SOMETHING LIKE TWO RED THINGS HANGING ON EACH SIDE OF THE CMERA, ALSO HAS 1/60 F5.6 AND A CROOKED ARROWN ABOVE THE F5, DONT HAVE A BOOK ON THE CAMERA, HELP YALL, HOW CAN I KEEP IT FROM POPPING UP WHILE I AM TAKING PICS, THANKS

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

There are a couple of things you need to do...

One is to get a copy of the manual.  THIS LINK will allow you to view and download the manual

Second you need to learn a bit about the basics of photography.  THIS LINK will take you to a tutorial on the basics of photography by National Geographic photographer Chris Bray.  It's only about 2 1/2 hours but you may well find it useful.  Then there is another video that covers the basics of using the camera HERE 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the Forum. Please turn off the CAPS Lock when posting. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Page 29 of the manual. You are not holding the camera still:

Untitled.jpg

I appreciate nothing seems to work on stopping the blinking camera, so I guess I have to live with a shaky hand. i use to take high school football pictures mostly.

I suggest you review P30 to see a list of the icons associated with Image stabilization.  Make sure the icon you are seen is the one that John has indicated.  It is possible that the icon you are seeing is actually that the image stabilization is not actually working (check it is not turned off). In that case the camera may want you to use the flash.  The lightning bolt indicates that the flash is not operating or does not have enough battery power to operate.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements