cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

kmsheetmetal
Apprentice

Hi I have 2 sx530HS and both were setup with Image Gateway and all was working fine no problems until the shutdown of the server.  Today I tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked.  I logged into the new image.canon and deleted one of the cameras that I guess was transfered over from image gateway and that had no effect.  Am I missing something or is the service not fully up and running.  Any help would be great as our company uses these for shipping picture verifcation and manually transfering images takes a ton of time and is the only reason we bought these cameras is so we could transfer pictures automatically.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Canon Inc. will be releasing firmware ver. 1.1.0.0 for the PowerShot SX530 HS. Download it here https://Canon.us/ltvsb

Firmware Version 1.1.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Support for the “image.canon” cloud platform has been added.

Note: This is a required firmware update in order to enable the use of this service.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

Im in the same boat as you, cant connect my sx700hs and im upset.

Welcome to the forum where we discuss how Canon has deactivated an important feature. You have my sympathy, but don't expect a solution from Canon. 

@Steve0701 wrote:

Welcome to the forum where we discuss how Canon has deactivated an important feature. You have my sympathy, but don't expect a solution from Canon. 

This!

I'm not holding my breathe! I can tell you one thing I will never purchase another Canon!

@Happy4life wrote:

I'm not holding my breathe! I can tell you one thing I will never purchase another Canon!

2 Canon printers

2 Canon scanners

3 Canon cameras

Never again for me as well...

Maybe we should all start a class action settlement with Canon!!! Seeing they sold a product that was WIFI capable but now you have to use just your phone to upload your pictures!!!!

@Happy4life wrote:

Maybe we should all start a class action settlement with Canon!!! Seeing they sold a product that was WIFI capable but now you have to use just your phone to upload your pictures!!!!

I have an SX510, and it will not upload from or through anything.  There is only one option for transfering photos to my computer, and that is to swap the SD card back and forth.  Before the screwing, alll I had to do was press a couple buttons on the camera and it would transfer, upload, or post directly from the camera.  It was really the #1 reason I purchased the camera.

I'm onboard if someone here starts a class action suit. How much do you figure our damages should be? 

https://www.classaction.org/learn/how-to-start
https://www.classlawgroup.com/faq/how-do-i-start-a-class-action-lawsuit/

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Canon's tech support was a primary reason why I always piurchased  their products. NOT ANY MORE. Over the past two years, the company has completely changed (for the negative) regarding support.

I recently purchased a low-end Epson printer. Their tech support is EXCELLENT. You can get to knowledgable people easily without  jumping thru hoops. The difference between Epson and Canon is like night and day.

Senior Canon USA management really needs to recalibrate their customer service. Like others have said, Canon is now last on my list. Too bad.

According to the firmware download instructions, it sounds like the download will erase any images on the memory card. Is this correct? How would you recommend downloading the images on the memory card that haven't been saved?

Announcements