cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon powershot sx710 hs with capture card.

Kaligery
Apprentice

I recently bought a capture card for my powershot sx710hs. I want to use it as a webcam. When I connected the camera to the capture card (with an HDMI cable) I saw this image on the computer and the camera did not turn off(screen)- 

bug.png

I assume it is a problem with the camera model ( maybe the option is blocked ) because when i press on the gallery button  is shows this (the actual gallery. and the camera  turns the screen off) - 

notbug.PNG

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I bought one of these for my Dad a few years back.  I'm bummed because he's never used it.  

The 710 is not officially supported by the webcam utility, and it does not support clean HDMI out.  This is usually, but not always required for webcam use.  We usually encourage people to try, but it doesn't always work.  

Connect HDMI, Enable video, turn the camera on and connect.  Also, ensure the capture mode is supported by the card.

Some hardware just isn't capable. 

Fix?  Yes.  Buy a supported camera model.       

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements