cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot S2 IS Memory Card Error Messages

Floorist
Apprentice

I have an old PC 1130 camera. It takes great pictures. But it can only handle a 2GB card. I have a couple old cards that work,but if I put in a new 2GB one, I either get "card locked"r "memory card failure". But then
I can put the same card in an old Canon powershot A2000IS and they work fine. Any idea what is going on?

6 REPLIES 6

John_
Authority

Compatibility problem, check your manual for which type and class of cards can be used in your camera.

Floorist
Apprentice

Why was my post edited. It is NOT a poweshot.camera?

I don't know how it was edited but if you do a google search for the canon pc 1130 the Powershot S2 IS pops up all over. What country are you in? Different countries use different model names for the same USA camera model.

Hi, Floorist!

The PowerShot S2 IS has the code number PC1130 on its serial number label. While this serves as a unique internal product ID code, most people throughout the world will more readily recognize and identify this camera as the PowerShot S2 IS since that is the model name used globally in Canon's marketing of this model. We appended that model name to the subject line for the benefit of other forum users who might find this thread useful if they're experiencing a similar problem.

If your model is not the one shown here, please let us know.

PowerShotS2IS.jpg

Thanks for posting!

There you go!

I have an S2 IS and it does say PC1130 on the bottom.

S2ISNoSN.jpg

[photo edited to remove serial number]

The Canon S2 IS can only accept standard SD cards and only up to a max size of 2GB. When I tried a 16GB SDHC card, I get the message " Memory Card Error"

SDHC cards are not supported by the S2 IS, regardless of the card size.  The A2000IS can accept SDHC cards. 

I was thinking that maybe the card you are having the problem with might be a 2GB SDHC card but SDHC cards usually start at 4GB. Plus the message you get is different from what I get with a SDHC so it must be  some other type of problem. 

SD cards.jpg

Mike Sowsun
Announcements