cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX540 HS connection disconnected

tvilga35
Apprentice

I am having difficulty connecting my canon powershot to both my computer and my iphone. Every time I attempt to connect it to the canon app, it disconnects. It will pull up the correct information but as soon as it asks for permission to have access to device (I hit yes) it then states, "connection disconnected" and the app tells me the connection failed. I have used this app previously and not had any problem with importing photos. The phone was recently updated. I have tried to go through from square one and re-input any information needed. I have tried to restart everything and access it that way. I have attempted to connect the camera via USB to our laptop but it will not even show up on the computer that it is hooked to the camera. I have, also, used both USB ports and two seperate cables. Nothing is connecting to this camera. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
Before we can be of any assistance to you, we need to know the exact model of PowerShot that you are using - there are many version of this series.  It would also help to know what Operating Systems versions you are trying to connect via.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

tvilga35
Apprentice

The camera is a Canon Powershot sx540 hs. Currently the laptop utilizes Windows 11 and the iphone recently updated to ios16.3.1

Hello tvilga35,

I would also like to say that the Canon Camera Connect app is only compatible up to iOS 15.7 currently. This may be causing a disruption in your connectivity as well with the WIFI connection. We do not currently have any software for this camera "compatible" with Windows 11 as of yet. However, if you're transferring images via USB to your computer, you don't really need any Canon software specifically. Windows 11 has an app called Photos that you can use to import your images. In the search box on the taskbar, type photos and then select the Photos app from the results. Select Import in the top-right section and follow the instructions to import from a folder or a USB device. Make sure that the WIFI is turned off on the camera as well, just in case.

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello tvilga35,

When trying to use a USB connection to your computer, you would need to disable the WIFI on the camera first. In terms of using the WIFI, I would suggest returning the camera WIFI settings to default and creating a fresh, new connection from there especially since the phone has recently been updated. You can reset the WIFI settings in the Wrench tab of the menu, listed under Wireless settings. I have included a link HERE, to our WIFI setup page for the PowerShot SX540 HS, which contains links for smartphone connection as well as computer connections.

Announcements