cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yellow will not print

jgw0
Contributor

I have an ip4920 printer.  The color yellow will not print.  The cartridge has ink in it and the breathing hole is clear.  I have taken the print head out and cleaned it.  I can force ink through the yellow to the printhead.  I have cleaned it and done 2 deep cleanings (colors) - all to no avail.

thoughts?

25 REPLIES 25

Thank you for the replies. I figured it out. My problem is that the ink needed replacement. Didn't show it was empty but it was.

Now I have an MG5750 and YES you guessed it YELLOW doesn't work (seperate cartridge). Got the B203 error  (25 months from new) so sent it back to Canon for repair. They cleaned the print head which I had tried but error still remained. They clearly are able to reset the error without properly cleaning the print head..... WHY COULDN'T I !!!!!. Anyway it has come back with Yellow not working. Can't be bothered to send back to Canon so I will try to clean again.

Super lame problem-management on Canon's part. After several rounds of attempts to self-repair and then weighing the ridiculous high-cost to replace the print head vs. just buying a new printer, I ditched the printer and bought a new one. It was just over two years old. We did take it to the local techy recycle shop; but even they said they would not buy new parts. They'd hold on to it for a period, hoping another printer would come in and they could combine the two for a refurb. If not, much of it was not recyclable.

This is why we need to have new regulations in place that put recycling firmly back in the manufacturers responsibility. If you make it, it must have an existing true path to recycling or you have to create a path as part of your to-manufacture/sell process.

There are several users here with the same complaint but different models. I suggest Canon come up with solution to this common problem of yellow not printing and put it in this forum. Now.

...and black and cyan!

Came across this thread while on my 4th day of searching for a solution.  Pixma TS8050, working fine for 18 months until last weekend when I changed black and cyan cartridges. 

Cartridge LEDs stopped flashing and tank status went to 100% for both.

But instantly zero printing from just those colours.  And I mean zero - nozzle check pattern completely blank for cyan and black when it had been perfect 30 minutes before, using the old cartridges.  Tried all the things in the manual: clean, deep clean, turn off and on then deep clean again.  Even replacing the old cartridges.  Nothing works although, strangely, ink levels reported for the new cartridges have now started to go down (?). 

Removed print head.  Looks OK (no obvious clogging) although haven't yet tried cleaning.

Contacted Canon UK Tech Support and after a couple of emails they said 'you've tried everything we can suggest.  You need to take it to your local repair centre'.  Now doing my sums to see if cost of postage, estimates and repairs will be more than buying a brand new (non-Canon) printer.

- Peter

quiettao
Apprentice
Still same experience with my printer too. Feel you too Currie, its been weeks/months since I posted and (obviousy) Cannon hasn’t addressed it... 🤨

Hello quiettao! 

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Hi John, Seeing as you are here and you have moderator and Canon to your name (wish I had as I would get to the bottom of this) I assume you must have an idea about Canon printers. The original post was in 2014 so if you do have any tips or (as you seem to be part of this community) you are able to help in any way I am sure we and the 11,702 people who have viewed the first post would be grateful of any answers and wouldn't accuse you of giving immediate assistance. I realise I sound sarcastic, but you probably use a printer and you are part of this world of throw away electronics at inflated prices so would benefit from any truthfull answers as much as any of us. Sorry if you are as clueless and the next person and I appreciate you are just doing your job. My intention is not to make you feel uncomfortable, but you must agree it would be great if things improved and lasted longer.

Hi currie,

Canon ink cartridges are not designed to be refilled or "blown out" as described earlier.  Blowing out can damage the cartridge, and third-party inks are not subject to Canon quality controls and may not work properly.  In this case, I will recommend replacing the ink cartridge with a genuine Canon product, as the existing cartridge may now be damaged.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi quiettao,

Let's start by performing a nozzle check.

You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper

1. Make sure that the power is turned on.

2. Make sure that one or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper are loaded in the cassette.

Note: The the  check pattern can only be printed from the cassette.

3. Open the paper output tray gently, and extend the output tray extension to open.

important:

If the inner cover is open, close it.

4. Hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes green twice, then release it immediately.

The nozzle check pattern will be printed.

Do not perform any other operations until the printer completes the printing of the nozzle check pattern.

5. Examine the nozzle check pattern.

If the black grid pattern or any of the color bars is streaked or missing, additional cleaning may be required.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements