cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

with the PIXMA iP8720 is 12x8” print possible using 13x9” paper?

Konstantin
Apprentice

I just purchased an iP8720 printer and I have been trying to make 12x8 prints using 13x9" photo paper. I print directly from Lightroom.

I use 4x6 as my standard in-camera aspect ratio and I like 12x8 prints because they are a 4x multiple and I donot lose any pixels by having to crop my images. I thought that I would be able to use Red River's 13x9 paper with 0.5" borders all around for a ready-to-frame print. However my efforts to set 13x9" as the Custom paper size in Page Setup have failed and the printer driver defaults to Letter Size paper. Is there a solution for this or am I trying to do the impossible?

Many thanks!

K.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Darius, this worked perfectly and I just made my first 12x8 print on 13x9" paper ! 

I'll click on the Accept as Solution button if I can find it !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Konstantin.

The Canon-produced driver for the iP8720 is capable of setting 13 x 9 as a custom paper size.  If you are using the default drivers that come preinstalled on Windows or Mac OS, remove the printer entry, then reinstall it using the Canon-produced drivers from the iP8720 Drivers & Downloads page.

Please also keep in mind that Adobe software, such as Lightroom, maintains its own independent print settings that are unaffacted by settings made to the printer's driver.  Refer to Lightroom's documentation and support for directions on how to change print settings within that program.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Darius, this worked perfectly and I just made my first 12x8 print on 13x9" paper ! 

I'll click on the Accept as Solution button if I can find it !

Announcements