cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why my selphy cp760 is not printing?

walter1969
Apprentice

I have had a SELPHY CP760 for about 10 years, and i haven't used for a few years. I kept it in the original package and yesterday i tried to print some pictures, but it did work for only one picture and then it stop printing. I wen to staples store and i bought a new package of ink and paper and i put it in to the printer but still it is not printing.

I got a message which said that i should check for new ink cartridge and paper and then i did it again (changing ink and paper), but still is not printing.

I cant find any topic related to this on internet to try to fix it.

could you please tell me what to do?

Thank you

walter ramirez.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wakter1969,

We will need to check your paper and ink.

Refer to the steps below.

1. Check the inside of your unit for jammed paper and obstructions.
  2. Make sure that your ink cassette and paper cassette have the same size indication. Refer to the illustrations below.
  3. Double check to ensure that your paper and cassette tray are properly inserted.
  4. Finally, check to see if your printer is working.

Your printer will need to be replaced if these steps do not resolve the issue. We would typically refer you to a local service facility for assistance with this issue, but I could not find a service shop in your area. I deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause.

You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

dickiedee
Apprentice

In yesterday's mail, I received new ink cassettes. I put a brand new ink cartridge in my Selphy CP760, but the message "Ink cassette is empty" came up. Thinking the new cartridge may be defective, I put another new cartridhe in mu printer and got the same message. Any way to save this photo printer?

Hi dickiedee,

Because multiple ink cartridges are giving you this error, it would appear that your SELPHY CP760 would require service.

To obtain service, please use the link below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements