cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 vertical line present using document feeder on scans

Warren
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SOLVED. I read somewhere that besides cleaning various rollers, running plain paper through the ADF lots of times will get rid of the line - and it worked!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the printer model you are using, as well as the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Canon PIXMA MX922; MacBook Pro running OS10.9.4  . Printer was fine for 10 months, then this line just occurred today using the document feeder to do a scan.

SOLVED. I read somewhere that besides cleaning various rollers, running plain paper through the ADF lots of times will get rid of the line - and it worked!

If this was true, wouldn't it just get better on it's own over time?  Mine is not.

Hi,

It's possible the scanning element for ADF scans had a failure and the line your are experiencing is because its not scanning. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements