cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mx700 error code

RealtorCher
Apprentice

How can I fix error message 6480 (printer is frozen) on Pixma MX700?  I've already tried all the remedies recommended by Support.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RealtorCher.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this error.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

RealtorCher
Apprentice

Thank you; I have done that several times without a change in status.  Have not contacted Canon because often the cost of repair and shipping is greater than purchasing another machine.  I have really enjoyed using the MX700 all-in one-device but my next won't be a Canon; I like predictable breakdowns: something happens-printr falls, bad ink or it runs out, something; in this instance I went on vacation and returned to no printer!

That's interesting. I was looking up this error and I also went on vacation and had to deal with a dead printer. Actually, the printhead went bad which then was replaced and now I am getting the error code only after one successful print job. Very sad, its been a great machine.
Announcements