cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my canon selphy cp800 driver will not install on my windows 10 laptop.....

Maddy47
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to solve my problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sp2001
Apprentice

Hi, I've resolved donwloading the windows 7 64bit version and then I've selected the downloaded file ( cp800w764.exe ) and selected "Troubleshoot compatibility" and then I've selected "Troubleshoot program". The system then ask with a series of checkbox "What problem do you notice?" and I've selected the first option "The program worked in earlier version of Windows but won't install or run now".

Then press next

Then I've selected Windows 7 from the list

Then pressed next

Then on following windows I've press "Test the program..." button, the installation started and I was able to do the full installation of the driver. Don't know if it needed or not but before doing this procedure I had already connected the CP800 to an usb port and switch it on. 

After the installation of the windows 7 64bit driver under "Devices and printers" I see it as a normal printer and was able to print normally on it. 

hope this help

best regards

S

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't believe it's compatible. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

sp2001
Apprentice

Hi, I've resolved donwloading the windows 7 64bit version and then I've selected the downloaded file ( cp800w764.exe ) and selected "Troubleshoot compatibility" and then I've selected "Troubleshoot program". The system then ask with a series of checkbox "What problem do you notice?" and I've selected the first option "The program worked in earlier version of Windows but won't install or run now".

Then press next

Then I've selected Windows 7 from the list

Then pressed next

Then on following windows I've press "Test the program..." button, the installation started and I was able to do the full installation of the driver. Don't know if it needed or not but before doing this procedure I had already connected the CP800 to an usb port and switch it on. 

After the installation of the windows 7 64bit driver under "Devices and printers" I see it as a normal printer and was able to print normally on it. 

hope this help

best regards

S

That worked!!!  Thanks!

where is "Troubleshoot compatibility"?

Right click on the install exe file and you will see the drop down menu with the "Troubleshoot compatibility" listed.

Thank you! It worked perfectly.

You're **bleep**ing genius, Man!

Thank you!

I've found your post for a miracle...Canon must be ashamed about this. I think it would need some second to make the driver for win 10 and put in the list of drivers...but for sure, business is business, so better try to sell new hardware than make useful the older...put your selphy cp 800 in the trash while we will make spots about how to save the planet and the environment...

You made my life ! oh God! I was so desperate , thinking to buy a newer version of this printer!

Thank you so much!

Announcements