cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Printer did not come with all the cables required to connect to my computer

hyrulewarrior64
Apprentice

I just got a PIXMA ip2820 and it did not come with all the cables required to connect to my pc or is it wireliss and if so how to I get it to connect wirelessly 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Our printers do not come with USB cables.  If you do not have a cable from a previous printer, you can purchase any standard A to B USB cable locally to make the connection.  This is a fairly common cable that can be found at most major office supply or electronics retailers.

The iP2820 can only be used with a USB connection.  It does not have wireless capabilities.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Our printers do not come with USB cables.  If you do not have a cable from a previous printer, you can purchase any standard A to B USB cable locally to make the connection.  This is a fairly common cable that can be found at most major office supply or electronics retailers.

The iP2820 can only be used with a USB connection.  It does not have wireless capabilities.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why would you sell a product without all of the required componets to use it? I litterly just bought this printer and now i have to wait untill all of the stores open tomorrow and burn more gas to drive out and get this cable and spend more money. Its like selling a flashlight without batteriers and not putting a label on it to pick up batteriers. How are your first time customers supposed to know they need this cabel if it does not say so on the box? Or if they have never owned a printer before? 

Hi, albel714!

We can understand your concern.  Since the majority of customers are replacing a previous printer, odds are that they already have a USB cable lying around from that previous printer and that cable can be reused.  USB cables are also available in different lengths and this lets you choose the length that works for you without us putting in a cable that turns out to be too short for your needs.

The printer's contents are listed as icons in a box on your printer's outer packaging.  In that box, you'll also see a message clearly stating that the USB cable is not included.

We hope this helps!

Hello, I am staten2000 and I have literally just read through all the information provided and the only thing I have found is under Warnings second bullet which states:

Plugging in the power cord and/or cable other than the one supplied.

So, I have missed where it clearly states that anything is not included. Please direct me where I can find this information it's driving me crazy.

Thank you!

IN the box?!

So we bought it - tossed the receipt - opened it to find out it is missing a cord. I AM LIVID.
Will do my best to return your sorry excuse of a product.

So sick reason. Thank you Canon.

What a lot of rubbish, it's just a racket and it's a great way to annoy your customers. Well done

SURE... I will have to run out and get a cable TOMORROW.... when it is too late by then to get my pictures printed and sent in my Christmas cards.  VERY LAME excuse "a majority of people already have an exsisting printer, and to use that cable.  What about a new printer for your child???  What about ME buying this printer to replace my WIRELESS printer??  I see that this product has 18 1 star reviews, and only 5 5-star.  Does that tell you anything???  ALL of the 1-star reviews were about this USB cable NOT included in the box.  PRINT THAT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX SO CUSTOMERS ARE AWARE.  SHEESH

4 years later and the necessary cables are still not supplied despite constant feedback that it's crap.

Yet another person who won't ever be buying an unusable brick from canon again. 

10/10 canon.

Announcements