cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message "another computer is using the printer".

darrelolson
Apprentice

I have printer IP 8720 and installed one printer. When I tried to print I get message "another computer is using the printer".

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, darrelolson!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

HP Envy Phoenix 800-030qe desk top • Windows 8.1 Pro 64 • 4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 quad-core processor[3.4GHz,8MB Shared Cache] • 1.5GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 [2x DVI,HDMI,DP,VGA via adapter] • 16GB DDR3-1600MHz [2 DIMM ] • 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive • Blu-ray writer & SuperMulti DVD burner

Hi darrelolson,

Once more question, are you using your PIXMA IP8720 with a USB cable or are you using it wirelessly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm using a USB cable.
I can't get it to work with my Wi-Fi modem.
Modem Motorola model number SPG 6580.

Hi darrelolson,

If you connect the USB cable directly from your PIXMA iP8720 to your computer, are you able to print?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Printer seems to be working with cable pretty good now. Still having some trouble with Wi-Fi.

When I go to print there is three different Canon printer's Canon iP8700 series, Canon iP8700 series (original 1) ,Canon iP8700 series WS could you tell me what the difference is between these printers?

With Wi-Fi Canon iP8700 series works okay. With Canon iP8700 series (original 1) it says "Printer is off line", with Canon iP8700 series WS it says "Another computer is using the printer".

Hi darrelolson,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements