cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

light streaks in dark magenta on test print from IP7250

ricecrispies
Apprentice

Yesterday I ran a test print on my IP7250, which I had forgotten to use for a few weeks, and found that, while the light and medium magenta stripes looked fine, there were light bands in the dark magenta stripe. I did a deep clean, turned the machine off, and then turned it back on again today and did another deep clean. However, the test print I did afterwards shows no improvement..

Are there any further steps I can take that might resolve the problem?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ricecrispies,

If the magenta has streaks through it and you have already tried some deep cleanings, you can try reseating the print head using the steps in the link provided HERE. Once the print head is out, you can inspect the bottom to make sure nothing is stuck to the ink residue there.

Once the print head is back in, you can try a nozzle check to see it the streaks are gone. If the streaks are still there, you can try another deep cleaning to see if it clears.

If you still get streaks, it would mean there is a problem with the tank or the printer. You can try another Magenta tank to see if it resolves the issue. Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements