cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ix7000 plain paper settings through the rear tray

steerpike999
Apprentice

Hi, I wish to print through the rear tray of the ix7000 printer using the same settings as the plain paper settings (which can only be used through front and manual trays).

I'm printing on 160gsm gloss, which prints beautifully using the media type - plain paper - and shockingly using all the other media types. I want to print on paper of a size that the rear tray accepts (custom and large) but using the plain paper settings which print the image well.

It's frustrating in that I know the printer can print the images perfectly on this paper, but it won't (for some unfathomable reason) let me use plain paper through the rear tray where the size of sheet (550mm x 250mm)  will fit. Anyone got any ideas? It will even let me print an envelope at 550mm x 250mm through the rear tray! but not plain paper. I almost need a way to shift the plain paper settings (somewhere in the driver) over to them applying to the envelope selection - that could be a way to trick it in to doing what I want it too. I can't think of any others.

thanks

Brett

3 REPLIES 3

chuckebgood
Apprentice

Brett - have you had any luck resolving this?

nope, after talking to a couple of canon technicians, and spending a fair bit of time on it I've come to the conclusion it can't be done - there really needs to be a manual over-ride to let the user make the final choice for such things.

Thanks... too bad!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements