cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ix6820 the yellow comes out orange in documents

adbohlman
Apprentice

Hi, 

My ix6820 printer prints orange hilights in my document instead of yellow. 

I did a deep cleaning and yellow comes out in the test page just fine, but when I go back to a document and hilite something in yellow, it prints orange. 

Any ideas? Thanks much, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, adbohlman,

That's good, that means the hardware on the printer is good and this is most likely a driver or software issue.

On your computer, please open the control panel and then select "View Devices and Printers". The printer should be listed as IX6800 series. If there is a WS at the end of IX6800 series, you will need to remove the that driver because that is Windows version of the driver. Once it is removed, please click HERE and download the iX6800 series Printer Driver Ver. 1.01

If it does not have a WS listed, please right click on the printer icon and select printer properties. In the new Window that opens, click on print test page. How does the yellow in the Window symbol appear?

We look forward to your reply.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, adbohlman!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and which apps you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

adbohlman
Apprentice

I am running in Windows 10 and the I use both WordPerfect and Word documents. In both WordPerfect and Word, when I hilite a word or sentence in yellow, it prints out orange on the printed document. 

Hi, adbohlman,

To begin troubleshooting, I recommend printing a nozzle check pattern. Please click HERE for the steps. Once it prints, please let us know if it looks like the picture below:

Yes, the test page prints out perfectly. 

Hi, adbohlman,

That's good, that means the hardware on the printer is good and this is most likely a driver or software issue.

On your computer, please open the control panel and then select "View Devices and Printers". The printer should be listed as IX6800 series. If there is a WS at the end of IX6800 series, you will need to remove the that driver because that is Windows version of the driver. Once it is removed, please click HERE and download the iX6800 series Printer Driver Ver. 1.01

If it does not have a WS listed, please right click on the printer icon and select printer properties. In the new Window that opens, click on print test page. How does the yellow in the Window symbol appear?

Thank you so much, it worked! 

I appreciate you giving your time to help me. 

Have a great day

Announcements